Saturday, September 18, 2010

moe faux pas- mass texts.

My big sis had the brilliant idea to add "moefaux pas" to my blog. We all know I am a frequent offender, and to prove it (and entertain you) i'll be posting my latest faux pas for you all to laugh at me.

This week an old college friend texted me (and 6 of his other closest friends) to invite us to a drive-in movie. I responded a day or so later and forgot when I hit "reply" that I had changed my iphone settings to include group MMS.  Group MMS is like an email chain with several recipients, if you hit "reply all" the sender and all others on the email will get your response. This is exactly what happened to me on my cell phone; to my friend AND 6 of his friends, I sent "We are in, thanks for the invite. When should we do dinner?"  Agggghghghhgh!! Within minutes I had 6 text messages, from unknown numbers, asking, "who is this?"

Can't wait to meet these people tonight at the drive-in! Maybe I should put a sign around my neck that says, "user error here."

No comments: